View Profile JK-FlipFlop

6 Movie Reviews

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Short. Sweet. Epic.

oldmanorange responds:

Thanks a bunch for enjoying. Short words to describe a short flick. Ha ha.

Nicely animated and catchy as hell. There is still some hope for Newgrounds after all.

3 Game Reviews

It's an okay game, really much like something you could play on your smartphone. My biggest complaint is that the chopper may be too big. Some parts just seem impossible, such as big drops or vise versa. I couldn't get past 4, but maybe I'm just bad at games like this.
Also, some background art and more color overall could have given this game more polish and appeal. Still not, bad, though.

Holy shit, this game is hard.

But hell, I like it, and having my chiptune in there gives it a realistic retro feel. Aside from clicking the mouse, anyway.

Bravo, bravo *sarcastic clapping*

MrApophis responds:

Const the autist caught on tape

312 Audio Reviews

This is like King Diamond put into a blender with Judas Priest, with a little Frank Zappa sprinkled on top. Good stuff!

Actually, the mixing is quite good on this song, and the vocal layering is great. I just wish you would have said more than "In not gay" for the whole song.

Aside from the points I mentioned in our conversation, I think the best way to bring the guitars out would be to try an FM synth with slight overdrive, then an amp simulator instead of samples. Might come out a bit louder.
Although I do love the use of synth, I think it might be what's killing your mix. It just feels like there's too much going on to reach that maximum volume. Possibly also the reason for the guitar not being very audible. But I haven't seen the project, I can't say for sure.
However, the good points here are the composition, the vocals (the chorus, not caring much for the screams tbh) and the overall complexity with both the orchestral parts and the percussion. I feel like this good be an absolutely amazing song with better mixing and mastering.
btw hit me up if you wanna know how to properly rig up your guitar.

ADR3-N responds:

Actually, I did try an FM synth with NadIR and Emissary. Ended up not being happy with the tone though and going with samples. What's interesting to me is that across several different car speaker systems as well as desktop speakers, the guitars come through clear as day and sound separation is good, but on headphones, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, and the overtones are a little... ew.

Good news, I am actually going to be able to afford a DI box and usb rig for my guitar, so soon you'll be able to critique my technique! :P Lucky for us my live mixing is a lot better than my sample chopping.

Also, if you could point me to some good scream technique vids, that'd be awesome. I've been screaming for a good decade but always as an amateur, and the first time I started studying technique I was probably in late highschool. So not more than 5 years ago really. It's something I aim to improve, and I would really like the individual aspects, including mixing, critiqued to fuuuuuck. Really, I'm not shy.

18 Art Reviews

Wow. Nice and simple, but with good shading. But why does this remind me of Fry from Futurama?

Nice.
I can't help but think that this would be an opponent in a fighting game, and this particular art would be the loading screen that comes right before the fight. I can't really give any constructive criticism to this because I don't see anything wrong with it. I usually might just complain about the lack of a background, but the white background with the black stripe, simple as it is, actually enhances the character's viciousness and makes one envision that something intense is about to start. Good work!

Colorgreen responds:

Thanks a bunch

Fan-fucking-tastic.

nosferaytu responds:

Gee thanks!!

Let us drink on the giddying brink Of pools of excrement All manner of shit for the glamour and glitz Mephistopheles lent

James Kelley @JK-FlipFlop