You Forgot The Cups You Forgot The Cups

This is like King Diamond put into a blender with Judas Priest, with a little Frank Zappa sprinkled on top. Good stuff!

I'm Not Gay I'm Not Gay

Actually, the mixing is quite good on this song, and the vocal layering is great. I just wish you would have said more than "In not gay" for the whole song.

Crown of Thorns Crown of Thorns

Aside from the points I mentioned in our conversation, I think the best way to bring the guitars out would be to try an FM synth with slight overdrive, then an amp simulator instead of samples. Might come out a bit louder.
Although I do love the use of synth, I think it might be what's killing your mix. It just feels like there's too much going on to reach that maximum volume. Possibly also the reason for the guitar not being very audible. But I haven't seen the project, I can't say for sure.
However, the good points here are the composition, the vocals (the chorus, not caring much for the screams tbh) and the overall complexity with both the orchestral parts and the percussion. I feel like this good be an absolutely amazing song with better mixing and mastering.
btw hit me up if you wanna know how to properly rig up your guitar.

ADR3-N responds:

Actually, I did try an FM synth with NadIR and Emissary. Ended up not being happy with the tone though and going with samples. What's interesting to me is that across several different car speaker systems as well as desktop speakers, the guitars come through clear as day and sound separation is good, but on headphones, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, and the overtones are a little... ew.

Good news, I am actually going to be able to afford a DI box and usb rig for my guitar, so soon you'll be able to critique my technique! :P Lucky for us my live mixing is a lot better than my sample chopping.

Also, if you could point me to some good scream technique vids, that'd be awesome. I've been screaming for a good decade but always as an amateur, and the first time I started studying technique I was probably in late highschool. So not more than 5 years ago really. It's something I aim to improve, and I would really like the individual aspects, including mixing, critiqued to fuuuuuck. Really, I'm not shy.

Heavy Destruction Heavy Destruction

Not bad at all.
However, the drums should be brought forward just a little bit, and also bring out the high end (treble) with some EQ. The master EQ should almost look like a slight smile.
The transition at about 0:56 was weird, but I think all you needed was some toms to lead into it, followed by a crash cymbal.
I still like it, though. Got my head nodding.

IMPKing6 responds:

The transition part was the main reason why I made the news post to begin with: This was one of the songs that I kinda rushed...

And about the drums, I used some samples that I made myself. Not sure if that explains anything or not, but I just felt like saying it.

djtoxic djtoxic

Nah.
I dunno if you noticed, but it doesn't loop well. I think FL Studio screwed up exporting the loop properly.
To be honest, this really sounds like an intro instead of a completed track. Add some more to this, make it longer and maybe a melody, too.

Toxic - Radioactive Zone Toxic - Radioactive Zone

Neat.
The kick drum is loud as it should be, but I wouldn't say punchy. Also, where's the bass? While it does give that radioactive science fiction vibe, it needs some work. With some volume leveling and stronger bass, this would be great. Also, please make it at least 2 minutes long. Keep at it, and good luck!

RealToxic responds:

Well, this is one of my older songs, so dont expect that they are gonna be Masterpieces.
I recommend you to listen to "Random Loop 08" and "djtoxic" they are waaaay better than this!

NiceRed - CubeX NiceRed - CubeX

It's pretty cool, and the percussion had me jammin'. Loving the vibe of this. Only problem is that the rest of this doesn't seem to have much going on. Maybe I'm just griping, but more melody?

NiceRedGD responds:

tnx...

T3hFreq - Good Time T3hFreq - Good Time

Wow, this is beautiful! Do you have a YouTube channel I can subscribe to?

Matau responds:

Nope, only Newgrounds and Soundcloud :)
Thanks for the review, helps a lot!!! :D <3 <3 <3

Shadows Shadows

Great for a first song.
Sounds like some of the low end is out of tune, but I'm still digging it. I like the bass that comes in a little more than halfway through, though I could have done without the metallic sound near the end.

Tebiri responds:

It's been forever since I've made this song, and I thought it was amazing when I first made it. Now it kinda sounds weird, but it's nice to know my first song is still kind of good. I agree with the metallic sound; I have no idea what I was thinking there. There were much better choices of instruments there. Next music track I make (sometime this year i swear) will be much better sounding than this song and less of a jumbled mess of instruments. (also hopefully no out of tune instruments)

Fly Away Fly Away

I would normally give some criticism, but there's nothing off about this. It's absolutely amazing! Bravo! I'm adding this to my favorites!

I0TA responds:

thanks bruh, congrats for you making top of the week too.